Date for ArcheOS 4 alfa release

luca luca.bezzi@arc-team.com
Sun Dec 5 10:48:23 CET 2010

Hi all,
It looks like that the issue for ArcheOS 4 are no more so many (more or
less 10% in the roadmap). On the other hand all the release goals seems
to be OK:

1 repository (OK)

2 deb packages of archaeological software (OK)

3 adding software of Computer Vision for SFM (Structure From Motion):
Bundler, PMVS2 (OK, and in the meantime we added also CMVS)

4 adding software for semi-automatic drawing of finds: stippler (OK)

I am thinking that maybe we could choose a date to release ArcheOS 4
alpha. In this way we can concentrate on the final issue, release the
distro and fix all the minor bug later (also looking the issue of the
user/tester).
E.g. new paclages can be added to the repository in a second time, new
artwork can be uploaded in the wiki with the instruction for the user
(how to change the wallpaper, etc...).
Anyway, after a while we can release a beta with all the bugs fixed,
till the final release.

What do you think about it?