Date for ArcheOS 4 alfa release

Denis Francisci denis.francisci@gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 19:30:19 CET 2010

Hi
I'm agree. We could release ArcheOS at beginning of 2011 (new year - new
OS...).
I'm testing ArcheOS alpha 1 and I think that we need to install this
packages:

unixodbc (it is already installed)

unixodbc-bin

unixodbc-dev

libsqliteodbc

for connecting databases to other software (e.g. Base). All should have
debian packages.

I've tested kile for latex and we could install:

- texlive-fonts-extra (for archaic font, eg. greek, etruscan, cuneiform,
linear A, hieroglif.....)

- texlive-latex-recommended (very important)

- texlive-latex-extra (less important but usefull)

They are in repository but require a bit of space (more than 50M I think):
it could be a problem, but first and second are usefull for archaeologists
IMHO.

Bye

Denis