[ArcheOS] Test BRLCAD-LANDSERF

Alessandro.Camiz@uniroma1.it Alessandro.Camiz@uniroma1.it
Sab 29 Dic 2012 17:12:55 CET

a) Test BRLCAD

b) LANDSERF

I tested BRLCAD on windows XP
it seems to work, main problem is it works only with a proprietary file format
.g extension

"there are An assortment of geometric converters to convert to and/or from other  geometry formats, including Euclid, ACAD, AutoCAD DXF, TANKILL,  Wavefront OBJ, Pro/ENGINEER, JACK (the human factors model for doing  workload/usability studies), Viewpoint Data Lab, NASTRAN, Digital  Equipment's Object File Format (OFF), Virtual Reality Mark-up Language  (VRML), Stereo Lithography (STL), Cyberware Digitizer data, and  FASTGEN4. "

cfr. http://brlcad.org/wiki/Overview

it seems like the conversion tools are external to the main application, didn't test them
it does seem too complicated for me.....

I would like to suggest this useful java application
LANDSERF
DEM modeling, morphological terrain analisys, GRASS compatibility
http://www.soi.city.ac.uk/~jwo/landserf/

Alessandro Camiz