[barcode] Compile problem on Linux Mandrake 8.1

Tuukka Toivonen tuukkat@ees2.oulu.fi
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 20:20:53 +0200 (EET)

On Wed, 19 Dec 2001, Tim S. wrote:

>checking for paper.h... (cached) yes
>gcc -g -O2 -Wall  -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_STRCASECMP=1       -c -o main.o
>main.c
>main.c:32:19: paper.h: No such file or directory
>make: *** [main.o] Error 1

First do
	rm -f config.cache
	./configure
	make
Ie. delete file config.cache, reconfigure, and try recompiling.
If it doesn't help, then:

Looks to me like the configure script has a bug. For a workaround
try following: first locate where the paper.h file is:
	locate paper.h
then set the environment variable C_INCLUDE_PATH pointing to
the directory where paper.h is:
	export C_INCLUDE_PATH=/some/path/
Then try compiling again with make.

There's the possibility that you don't have a proper
paper.h file at all. In that case you have to force ./configure
to not detect it. Look if it has some suitable parameter with
	./configure --help
If not, the last resort is to edit configure manually and
remove the (broken) test for paper.h.