[barcode] Re: Bug in barcode 0.9.8 (and 0.9.7)

Alessandro Rubini rubini@gnu.org
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 10:27:44 +0200

> we are working on a KDE3 program (under GPL licence) for creating
> barcodes. The program is called kbarcode

Yes, I've 4 of your messages in my queue, at this point. Unfortunately
I'm very busy and schools are closed, so I've two babies to care about too :)

I reply to the latest message with copies to the list so other people
sees the reply although archives won't have proper threading.

I'll try to look in the issue and scan my codes with a laser scanner.
What you say it's strange to me, though, as I've done my real-world tests
with the first versions, and the EAN code never changed.

Are the codes generated in the sample page (program ./sample after
compiling) wrong?

Is the problem with postscript or with PCL? Note that 0.97 had a bug
in PCL encoding, that has been fixed in 0.98 (please see ChangeLog, or
you can "cvs log" if you want).

Thanks for your patience, I know one week has passed since first notification
/alessandro