[barcode] EAN Barcodes

Alessandro Rubini rubini@gnu.org
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 00:29:24 +0200

> I am just would like to know, when GNU Barcode will support EAN
> Codes as mention in the README.

EAN-13 is already supported. EAN-128 uses the code128 symbolic
representation, so it is, somewhat, supported.  An "official"
ean-128 frontend (one able to decode ean-128 strings and represent
them properly beneath the bars) is currently delayed.

The main problem is that my time is currently all taken by work,
family, and advocating Free Software.  My priorities are dynamic,
though, so you are welcome if you give reasons to increase
the priority of an EAN-128 implementation.

> http://kbarcode.sf.net

Oh, and what's the status of kbarcode? I think I have a few messages
in my inbox about problems with kbarcode/gnubarcode. Are they solved?
Obviously fixing problems wrt useability by other Free Software is
pretty high priority, when it happens.

/alessandro, not a kde nor a gnome user