[bglug] Fw: Linux 2.4 future

Al al@bglug.it
Lun 1 Dic 2003 19:14:55 CET

------------------------
Begin forwarded message:

Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 12:25:23 -0200 (BRST)
From: Marcelo Tosatti <marcelo.tosatti@cyclades.com>
To: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Linux 2.4 future

Hi,

The intention of this email is to clarify my position on 2.4.x future.

2.6 is becoming more stable each day, and we will hopefully see a 2.6.0
release during this month or January.

Having that mentioned, I pretend to:

- Fix pending problems which might required more intrusive modifications
during 2.4.24. New drivers will be accept during this period (for example,
Cyclades PC300 driver, input userlevel driver support, or other sane
driver which might come up).

- From 2.4.25 on, fix only critical/security problems.

-

End of forwarded message

Al

--

If you wrap the Internet around every person on the planet and spin the
planet, software flows in the network. [...] The resistance of the net-