[Tech] Chiarimenti Mysql

Francesco F franco@inpe.unipi.it
Lun 20 Ott 2003 16:17:47 CEST

Dal manuale del PHP:
resource mysql_connect(string server [, string username [, string password
[, bool new_link ]]])

mysql_connect() establishes a connection to a MySQL server. The following
defaults are assumed for missing optional parameters: server =
'localhost:3306', username = name of the user that owns the server process
and password = empty password.

The server parameter can also include a port number. eg. "hostname:port" or
a path to a socket eg. ":/path/to/socket" for the localhost.

Note:
  Support for ":port" was added in PHP 3.0B4.
  Support for ":/path/to/socket" was added in PHP 3.0.10.
  You can suppress the error message on failure by prepending a @ to the
function name.

Francesco