[Flug] FWD: Symantec to acquire @Stake

marcoc1@dada.it marcoc1@dada.it
Ven 17 Set 2004 15:21:05 CEST

Forwardo da Cypherpunks.

Dato il comportamento dell'azienda dalla storia di Geer
 in poi era una cosa da aspettarsi.

JM2C.   Marco

-----Forwarded Message-----
From: R. A. Hettinga <rah@shipwright.com>
To: cryptography@metzdowd.com, cypherpunks@al-qaeda.net
Subject: Symantec to acquire @Stake
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 07:58:56 -0400

<http://www.siliconvalley.com/mld/siliconvalley/9682511.htm?template=contentModules/printstory.jsp>

The San Jose Mercury News

Posted on Thu, Sep. 16, 2004

Symantec to acquire digital security company

CUPERTINO, Calif. (AP) - Symantec Corp. said Thursday it is acquiring
digital security consulting firm stake Inc.

Financial details were not disclosed. The deal is expected to close next month.

Cupertino, Calif.-based Symantec is one of the world's biggest information
security companies, selling consulting services and software such as the
Norton AntiVirus program. The company does business with individuals and
corporations in more than 35 countries.

Cambridge, Mass.-based stake sells consulting services and computer
programs to protect networks from hackers and other security risks.
Businesses that have purchased the company's SmartRisk and other products
include six of the world's top 10 financial institutions and four of the
world's 10 top independent software companies.

``Our customers are looking to us for a broad range of security
expertise,'' said Gail Hamilton, a Symantec executive vice president. ``By
joining forces with the leader in application security consulting, we
expand the capacity and capabilities of our consulting organization.''

Symantec shares rose 31 cents to close at $51.32 Thursday on the Nasdaq
Stock Market.

------

On the Net:

Symantec: http://www.symantec.com

stake: http://www.atstake.com/

--

+--------------- http://www.winstonsmith.info ---------------+
| il Progetto Winston Smith: scolleghiamo il Grande Fratello |