[FoLUG]relay-ctrl

Simone Stanzani devnull@libero.it
Lun 22 Set 2003 23:27:41 CEST

Davide Giunchi ha scritto:
> Il 19:53, domenica 21 settembre 2003, Simone Stanzani ha scritto:
>
>>Vorrei provare a validare con qmail anche sul protocollo smtp,
>>ovvero vorrei che per mandare via una email l'utente digitasse la stessa
>>password del pop3 qualunque sia il tipo di validazione che uso.
>>Ho scaricato relay-ctrl(SMTP Relaying Control for qmail & tcpserver) di
>>Bruce Guenter.
>>Da quello che ho letto dovrebbe fare il mio caso ...
>>Ma con la documentazione che ho letto non sono riuscito a configurarlo :-(
>>Qualcuno lo sta usando?
>

> non ho mai sentito parlare di questa patch, generalmente e' piu' utilizzata
> quella di bill shupp (http://shupp.org) SMTP-AUTH che funziona con vpopmail.
> Oppure l'smtp-after-pop, sempre con vpopmail.
>
> Ciao

Scusa Tanto se hai tempo di mando il README del pacchetto, da una
lettura veloce, pensi che faccia quello che chiedo ?
Io l'ho installato, ho modificato lo script run di qmail-smtpd come
descritto ma non mi chiede nessuna validazione ...
SENZA perdere tempo riesci a darmi una dritta ?

	Scusa
		Simone ;-)

relay-ctrl
SMTP Relaying Control for qmail & tcpserver
Bruce Guenter <bruceg@em.ca>
Version 3.1.1
2002-04-26

This set of programs controls access to relaying for users that
authenticate using either POP3 using the qmail-popup/qmail-pop3d
or pop3front servers, or IMAP using Courier IMAP.

A mailing list has been set up to discuss this and other packages.
To subscribe, send an email to:
         bgware-subscribe@lists.em.ca
A mailing list archive is available at:
         http://lists.em.ca/?list=bgware

Development versions of relay-ctrl are available via anonymous CVS.
Set your CVSROOT to ":pserver:cvs@bruce-guenter.dyndns.org:/CVS",
login with an empty password, and check out the "relay-ctrl" module.

Requirements:

- You must be using either qmail-popup/qmail-pop3d or pop3front
   with either tcpserver or tcp-env to serve POP3 OR
- You must be using Courier IMAP to serve IMAP.
- You must be using tcpserver with qmail-smtpd or smtpfront to serve
   SMTP.

How to install:

- Check the definitions in the conf-* files.
- Run "make"
- As root, run "./installer"

How to configure it for use:

- Make sure the configuration defaults are appropriate for your system.
   See the man pages.

- Create the /var/spool/relay-ctrl/allow directory (or wherever you want
   the files to go).  Set the permissions on /var/spool/relay-ctrl to
   mode 700 (writeable only to root), and /var/spool/relay-ctrl/allow to
   mode 777 (world writeable)

- Create the /etc/relay-ctrl directory (or wherever you want the
   configuration to go)

- Put "/var/spool/relay-ctrl/allow" into the first line of
   "RELAY_CTRL_DIR" in the above configuration directory.

- If you want to have a fixup address (see the qmail FAQ) inserted into
   the RELAYCLIENT setting, put it into the first line of
   "RELAY_CTRL_RELAYCLIENT" in the configuration directory:
   :allow,RELAYCLIENT='@fixup'

- Add the following line to a file in /etc/cron.d.  This assumes a
   recent version of vixie cron.  Other versions of cron may use
   different syntax, and you may need to edit root's crontab.
* * * * * root envdir /etc/relay-ctrl /usr/sbin/relay-ctrl-age
   This step is optional, as relay-ctrl-check will delete and ignore old
   IP files.

- Modify your qmail-smtpd run file from:
         tcpserver ... qmail-smtpd
   to:
         envdir /etc/relay-ctrl \
         relay-ctrl-chdir \
         tcpserver ... relay-ctrl-check qmail-smtpd

How to use with qmail-pop3d:

- Change your run file from:
         tcpserver ... qmail-popup hostname checkpassword \
         qmail-pop3d
   to:
         envdir /etc/relay-ctrl \
         relay-ctrl-chdir \
         tcpserver ... qmail-popup hostname checkpassword \
         relay-ctrl-allow \
         qmail-pop3d

How to use with pop3front

- Change your run file from:
         tcpserver ... pop3front-auth cvm pop3front-maildir
   to:
         envdir /etc/relay-ctrl \
         relay-ctrl-chdir \
         tcpserver ... pop3front-auth cvm \
         relay-ctrl-allow \
         pop3front-maildir

How to use with Courier IMAP:

- Make a symlink in /usr/lib/courier-imap/libexec/authlib to
   /usr/sbin/relay-ctrl-allow.

- Insert the command relay-ctrl-allow at the end of the list of

   authentication modules (AUTHMODULES) in
   /usr/lib/courier-imap/etc/imapd.

- You also need to modify the run file to execute
   "envdir /etc/relay-ctrl relay-ctrl-chdir" before starting imaplogin,
   and I'm unsure where this needs to go.  It may also work to put the
   above command string before couriertcpd instead of before imaplogin,
   which is slightly more efficient.

This program is Copyright(C) 1999-2002 Bruce Guenter, and may be copied
according to the GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE (GPL) Version 2 or a later
version.  A copy of this license is included with this package.  This
package comes with no warranty of any kind.