R: [FoLUG] FW: [slackware-announce] Slackware 10.0 released

Michele Mordenti michele.mordenti@tin.it
Ven 25 Giu 2004 13:34:47 CEST

Alle 12:01, venerdė 25 giugno 2004, Nicola Bandini ha scritto:
> >Scusate la domanda da niubbio: ho fatto un "emerge bittorrent", e
> > adesso? Come cavolo si usa? Non riesco a trovare un misero
> > manualeto con i primi rudimenti per chi come me č completamente a
> > digiuno di P2P. Non so nemmeno se č a linea di comando o c'č un
> > front-end per X. Plz help me!
>
> San google non mente!! ;)

Avevo invocato il Santo con la preghiera sbagliata
"bittorrent howto" :-@

> http://dessent.net/btfaq/

I've installed BitTorrent, now what? There's no program to run!

BitTorrent is not like other peer-to-peer applications (such as Winmx,
Kazaa, Gnutella, etc.) in that it does not have its own "universe." Put
another way, BT lives on top of the Web, which means that all of the
searching/listing of available files is done on the web. When you find
a file you want to download, you click on it and the BitTorrent client
program will run and ask you where to put it, and then start
downloading.

E' proprio cosė ;-)
Grasie mille!!

--
	Michele Mordenti - http://xoomer.virgilio.it/michele.mordenti
(o_	Powered by Gentoo GNU/Linux on DELL Inspiron 8500