[gl-como] Fwd: Re: [OSM-talk] Redaction process is hogging up the tile rendering

Elena ``of Valhalla'' elena.valhalla@gmail.com
Gio 12 Lug 2012 14:23:30 CEST

ciao

se non vedete gli edit (neanche quelli del bot), questo e` il motivo

----- Forwarded message from Roland Olbricht <roland.olbricht@gmx.de> -----

Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 13:54:51 +0200
From: Roland Olbricht <roland.olbricht@gmx.de>
To: talk@openstreetmap.org
Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] Redaction process is hogging up the tile rendering

Hi,

> I made some edits in Iceland yesterday before midnight UTC and the
> changes have yet to be drawn (around noon UTC). I think the redaction
> process is causing a major backlog in the tile rendering queue. Backlogs
> have usually been worked on and finished during the night but that was
> not the case last night.

It is even worse. Due to a software incompability between Osmosis and the redaction bot, no updates will go at all to the map.

This is not a problem of the rendering server backlog. It is a problem of the minute diff generation.

It may take up to a month until we see the currently made edits. This affects all data comsumers, the mapnik map included, because nobody gets at the moment data updates.

Best regards,

Roland