[Gpm] p logitec having short freezes & future of gpm

Tomas Pospisek gpm@lists.prosa.it
Sun, 15 Apr 2001 13:45:48 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, Alessandro Rubini wrote:

> > Yes, but I'm often switching between X and console, especially on my
> > laptop, where X is slow. And I need the mouse for copy-pasting in both.
>
> If you don't repeat, gpm will close the mouse device when the current
> tty is in graphics mode. It has been doing this since version 0.01
> (repeasing was added later, as of 0.95 or so). So no problem: you run
> a simple protocol on text mode (as most new protocols are supersets of
> ms or ps2), and then you run whatever protocol you want in X, with
> direct mouse access.

I just checked that. It works perfectly, thanks. I'll do a
Logitec-wheelmouse-with-gpm-and-X-HOWTO I guess.

*t

     Tomas Pospisek
     sourcepole    -   Linux & Open Source Solutions
     http://sourcepole.com
     Elestastrasse 18,  7310 Bad Ragaz,  Switzerland
     Tel:+41 (81) 330 77 13,  Fax:+41 (81) 330 77 12