[Gpm] toshiba tecra mouse question

Andrew Pimlott andrew@pimlott.ne.mediaone.net
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 14:04:01 -0500

I have a Toshiba Tecra 8100 laptop.  It has four "normal" buttons
and two other small buttons that work as scrollers in Windows.  The
two buttons work fine with gpm and X if use the ps/2 driver, but the
other two don't do anything.  Does anyone have any hints about how
to activate them?

If I don't start gpm and just run "cat /dev/psaux", I see events
when I press either of the normal buttons, but nothing when I press
the small buttons.  Are these buttons not reported through the ps/2
interface, or is there some special sequence to activate them?  Is
there a way to snoop on what Windows does?  If someone can tell me
how to see the events at all, I will try to code proper support for
them.

Thanks,
Andrew

PS.  Please Cc: me, as I am not subscribed.