[Gpm] Maintaining (and other stuff)

Nico Schottelius gpm@lists.prosa.it
Sun, 13 May 2001 14:29:59 +0200

Hello Alessandro !

> >> but I'll make them offline
> >> (since you sent the patch offline). But tomorrow (Monday), not today.
> >
> > You will make them offline ... what does that mean ?
>
> I meant "I'll report them offline", and then got overloaded and forgot
> about it.

I know those days, so I don't mind :)

> >> Ihave collected some (well, all that I received), and while I didn't
> >> integrate them nor plan to (as I don't maintain gpm any more), I'll
> >> make them available by ftp RSN.
> >
> > What is RSN ?
>
> Really Soon Now.

Ah. Some english abbreviations are still unknown to me.

> On monday I must deliver two products (and I'll manage to do that by
> late night, I fear -- that's the advantage when your clients live in
> California :)
>
> Give me Tuesday to collect and publish all the patches I got and revive
> ftp.prosa.it/pub/gpm

Okay, I will have a look at it Tuesday evening.

> > I have checked pub/gpm this evening and didn't find anything,
> > so I keep waiting. When you uploaded them I will download them.
>
> It's going to be a mirror of my own box. I'm uploading to
> ftp://gnu.systemy.it/pub/gpm and sync it to ftp.prosa.it

Ah. okay.

> > I will setup a gpm site at
> > linux.schottelius.org/gpm/
> > in the next days, if you agree.
>
> Well, I'd like you to keep my site (and thus ftp.prosa.it) on the loop.
> I'll give access to my computer so everything will flow.

Sure, same thing. Doesn't really matter where it is located.
But I think this solution, using the old place is better than
moving to schottelius.org, because prosa is known
to most people.

> > And the next step is to release gpm-1.19.4.
>
> Ok. But for that you should look at all patches and either accept
> or refuse them for a reason.

Yes.

> Thanks for your efforts, they are greatly appreciated.

It's what I can give back to the community.
Getting such a good kernel can't even out by such
small things. :)

Nico