[gpm]on screen clock

Zephaniah E. Hull warp@babylon.d2dc.net
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 17:33:25 -0500

--iVCmgExH7+hIHJ1A

On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 06:53:47PM +0100, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Nov 04, Nico Schottelius <nicos@pcsystems.de> wrote:
>=20
>  >> I don't mind writing the documentation, but I first need to know if t=
he
>  >> patch will be accepted.
>  >You know the answer and I am happy you write the documentation.  :)
> Thank you, I will try to write it next week.
>=20
> BTW, I'm having a weird problem with repeater mode: I run:
>=20
> /usr/sbin/gpm -m /dev/psaux -t imps2 -r 15 -R raw
>=20
> but if I configure X to use /dev/gpmdata it does not works (the pointer
> jumps to a corner and does not move from there).
> If I change the X server configuration to use /dev/psaux and shut down
> the mouse before starting X then it works fine.
> Why is X receiving different data even if I use -R raw?=20

Because X writes data in the case of imps2, in this case it writes to
the FIFO, which is a bad thing in this case for many reasons, the main
one being that when it next reads from the FIFO it will get what it
wrote, and will try to parse it as coming from the mouse.

For added fun, it may then get confused about which byte is the start of
the packet, which can cause some real, err, 'fun'.

How I handle this for Debian is repeating in the ms3 protocol, which to
X is IntelliMouse (it is the serial version of the protocol), however
the (admittedly and sadly large) set of patches has not made it into the
official gpm dist yet.

Zephaniah E. Hull.
Debian gpm maintainer.
>=20
> --=20
> ciao,
> Marco

--=20
	1024D/E65A7801 Zephaniah E. Hull <warp@babylon.d2dc.net>
	   92ED 94E4 B1E6 3624 226D  5727 4453 008B E65A 7801
	    CCs of replies from mailing lists are requested.

* Culus thinks we should go to trade shows and see how many people we
  can kill by throwing debian cds at them

--iVCmgExH7+hIHJ1A

--iVCmgExH7+hIHJ1A--