[gpm]Re: gpm 1.19.5

Nico Schottelius nicos@pcsystems.de
Thu, 04 Oct 2001 22:09:43 +0200

Ah!

I found your mail!
Currently I am getting about 500+ messages a day, so it's hard to sort
all them (even automaticly).

> I also would like to report an error. Seems some init
> function missing from this release, because when I start gpm
> first time (imps2 with a genius ps2 optical) the mouse works
> like a confused mad mouse, when I move it, select the whole
> screen, or paste craps randomly.

This seems to be an imps2/synps2/ps2  problem.
I noticed the same behaviour :

gpm -t synps2 ... -> works fine.
gpm -t ps2 ... (after the synps2) or
startx  -> both times the mouse is screwed up.
It's the same thing when I first start windows
(where synps2 seems to be used) and then start Linux,
it's the same behaviour. It seems like after an imps2
or synps2 initialization the mouse device will not work
ps2 anymore.  The question now is, who's fault is it ?
Should ps2 init it another way or should the synps2/imps2
close the device another way ?

I will need some time to go through synps2 and ps2
doc.

> When I start X, gpm start
> working nicely, and everytime

So at you X seems to re-init the mouse fine.

> I restart it and trying to reproduce the bug, no way to do it,
> everything ok.

Can you report more informations ?

- exactly what you did (command lines) and what happened
- what protocol you use in X
- what mouse

Nico

p.s.: I will be away until Saturday afternoon, so until then I can't
answer mails.