[gpm]Re: gpm 1.19.5

Zephaniah E. Hull warp@babylon.d2dc.net
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 18:04:41 -0400

--3oCie2+XPXTnK5a5

On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 11:56:49PM +0200, Nico Schottelius wrote:
>=20
> Once again I can understand Alessandro very well...
> > Zephaniah E. Hull.
> > Debian gpm maintainer.
>=20
> ???
> Where's the difference between gpm and gpm ?
> Alessandro, I can understand you much better know again...
> I am happy that you help to improve gpm, but why do you need
> a gpm-debian maintainer ? Maybe there was a need to have several
> gpm-suse, gpm-redhat, gpm-tomatoketchup maintainers when gpm
> was unmaintained, but at least now all work should go into one main
> release: gpm.
>=20
> I am a person and programmer who hates to write code two times
> and what's going on here is people are doing work more than two times.
>=20
> Zephaniah, please let us merge the different versions. Provide
> your patches and I will apply them.

The reason why there is a Debian gpm maintainer is that in Debion every
single package has a person who maintains that package, and each
maintainer is a Debian developer, helps a /LOT/ in the way of quality of
packages.

However yes, currently I have a lot of Debian specific patches because I
only found out a week or so ago that it was actively maintained again.

I'll update the patches to apply to the current gpm sources and  send
them along as soon as I get time, hopefully in the next week or so.

Zephaniah E. Hull.
>=20
>=20
> Nico
>=20
> - happy that there are many people involved in improving gpm
> - unhappy that there are different versions of gpm out there

--=20
	1024D/E65A7801 Zephaniah E. Hull <warp@babylon.d2dc.net>
	   92ED 94E4 B1E6 3624 226D  5727 4453 008B E65A 7801
	    CCs of replies from mailing lists are requested.

> My kid brother tells me Visual Age for Java is the cat's pajamas

I'm not a cat person, but I can just imagine the reaction of your
average feline to someone's attempt to stuff it into a pair of
pajamas.

Now picture your hard disk after the thing installs.
 -- Berry Kercheval and Graham Reed on ASR.

--3oCie2+XPXTnK5a5

--3oCie2+XPXTnK5a5--