[gpm]gpm-microtouch-setup crash

Andreas Mohr andi@rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 17:20:54 +0200

On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 12:23:09AM -0500, Roger Shaffer Jr. wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm trying to configure a 4-pin Serial Microtouch touchscreen in
> Debian.  I didn't meet with much success using the native X drivers, so
> I thought I would try gpm, especially since there seemed to be a nice
> calibration program.
> After trying many different configurations of XF86Config-4 and gpm, with
> no success, I downloaded gpmsumma_drv.o and placed it in
> /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/input.
> Next, I configured XF86Config-4 as:
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>     Identifier  "Mouse1"
>     Driver      "gpmsumma"
>     Option      "Type"          "finger"
>     Option      "Device"        "/dev/gpmdata"
>     Option      "Mode"          "Absolute"
>     Option      "Cursor"        "Puck"
> EndSection
>

> Section "ServerLayout"
>     InputDevice "Mouse1" "CorePointer"
> EndSection
>
> with gpm set with 'gpm -Rsumma -t mtouch -m /dev/ttyS0'
>
> I can get movement with the touchscreen in both the console and
> Xwindows, but when I run gpm-microtouch-setup to calibrate in X, it
> makes it through the first two steps to create the red crosses, but then
> gpm psuedo-crashes.  It stops responding and even stopping and
> restarting the daemon will not restore it.  Only a full reboot will
> bring gpm back online.
Sounds a lot like a kernel problem.
Does a
cat /dev/ttyS0
produce anything ?
Or maybe it somehow messed up the comm parameters ? (baud rate, ...)
If everything seems to be still ok, no gpm was loaded, but when loading
gpm it still misbehaves, then it is a highly interesting problem :)

Tel. +49 7159 800604                http://home.arcor.de/andi.mohr/