[gpm]gpm-microtouch-setup crash

Alessandro Rubini rubini@gnu.org
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 08:30:39 +0200

> I'm trying to configure a 4-pin Serial Microtouch touchscreen in
> Debian.  I didn't meet with much success using the native X drivers, so
> I thought I would try gpm, especially since there seemed to be a nice
> calibration program.

It's something I wrote ages ago, before X had a microtouch driver. It
was for 3.3 or even earlier (don't remember right now, no time to look
for old information).  I don't have the hardware any more, so I really
can't help.

If you want to send one such device for me to keep, I'll be happy to
fix your problems in either gpm or X directly.  Please wait to see if
someone else can fix the problem, though, or other hackers here make
the same or a better offer.

BTW: It's not impossible to diagnose the problem remotely, but it
would be very time consuming on both sides of the conversation.

/alessandro