[gpm]Re: new release

Petr Baudis pasky@pasky.ji.cz
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 19:28:51 +0100

Hello,

Dear diary, on Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 03:47:36PM CET, I got a letter, where Nico
Schottelius <nicos@pcsystems.de> told me, that...
> Please test this release, I aim to release 1.20.0-beta in about 2 weeks,
> alpha in about 4 weeks and the final version in about 6 weeks.

Kind of funny releases marking. I think that usage of prereleases (1.20.0preX)
and/or possibly release candidates (1.20.0rcX) is much more common in the
linux/unix world. And if using greek alphabet, the direction is normally
reversed - alpha->beta[->gamma]. Not that I would want to talk you to it, I
just happen to think using some existing and commonly known notation would be
possibly less confusing and more obvious.

Kind regards,

--

				Petr "Pasky" Baudis

* UN*X programmer && admin         * IPv6 guy (XS26 co-coordinator)
* elinks maintainer                * FreeCiv AI hacker
* IRCnet local operator
.
"Something has fallen on us that falls very seldom on men; perhaps the worst
thing that can fall on them.
We have found the truth; and the truth makes no sense."
		-- Father Brown
.