[gpm]Reworking the selection API and moving it to userspace (gpm)?

Alessandro Rubini rubini@gnu.org
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 11:01:09 +0100

On Feb 6th, Petr Baudis:
> [...] However, James Simmons said that he will be working on
> this for 2.5 and move it to userspace completely, reworking gpm.

That would be great. We (gpm list) have been talking about it a few
years ago, but Ian Zimmerman reported a problem with mapping glyphs to
keyboard input: there was no mean (at least back then) to pass the
complete mapping from the kernel to user space.  Sure doing it for the
trivial mapping is trivial, and I think it would be an interesting
experiment.  I was even thinking to have a try some time ago, when I
was the gpm maintainer.