[gpm]imps2 repeater

Andrew Pimlott andrew@pimlott.ne.mediaone.net
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 12:45:32 -0500

I'm confused about the imps2 repeater in gpm 1.20.0.  What
applications has this been tested with?  I would think things would
get confused, because the application would try to send the imps2
initialization sequence to the repeater.  Since /dev/gpmdata is a
fifo, I think this would end up as mouse input to the application.
What actually happens in this case?  (I haven't tried it myself.)

Debian has had an ms3 repeater for a long time, which makes more
sense to me because it doesn't have an initialization sequence.  But
I may be missing something, because I'm not a mouse expert.

I could send along the R_ms3 patch, but maybe you would prefer to
get in from the Debian maintainer.

Andrew