[gpm]Tracking fast moving objects.

Christian Melki chme9213@student.uu.se
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 23:41:12 +0100

Hi again!

After a bit of experimentation with some gpm code,
( ie write_to_mouse() & all the command definitions.. )
I still have a couple of questions..
The SET_RES command.. What are the resolutions?
How do they apply to ps2 mice? ( ie.. if there is an odd
mouse with 520 dpi for example.. could that be used
in some generic way?
The SET_SAMPLE command.. what is the maximum
a ps2 bus / mouse can take? I can remember having read
somewhere by someone that the person got rid of
some mouse sluggishness by increasing the linux "HZ=xxx"
definition.. can this be true?

I got rid of the odd inits btw.. Andrew Pimlotts idea of me
reading the mouse-fd out of sync somehow was probably
correct.. I did some ugly checks to make sure im in sync
with the incoming data.. and I haven't seen a bad init since.. :)

Best Regards,
Christian Melki