[gpm]C'ho un problema

Nico Schottelius nicos-mutt@pcsystems.de
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 12:02:06 +0200

--FFoLq8A0u+X9iRU8

Alessandro Rubini [Mon, Jun 03, 2002 at 10:59:35AM +0200]:
> > But the strace above reports a permission problem, try to run mev as
> > root.
>=20
> The original problem was "gpm clients work as root and not as normal
> user".  It's not a mev problem, mev is just the diagnostic tool I
> suggested to use.  That's what mev is for, actually.

Understood it the same way, too.

> So the problem is in gpm that is not working as a mouse server but
> only as a cut-and-paste tool. But it wasn't meant to be only
> cut-and-paste, we already had selection when I started gpm.

Now I understand the issue. I will try to update mev to work as normal
user with devfs.

> > You should give it a try, you'll never want to miss it.
>=20
> No, thanks. My computers are small and customized. I want to control
> my /dev, and don't want to get mad with hd naming.

That's the reason why I like devfs: it's small and can easily be controlled.
You've never headache with those hundreds of special files.
But you are right, the naming scheme is a little bit 'long'.

Nico

--=20
Nico Schottelius

Please send your messages pgp-signed or pgp-encrypted.
If you don't know what pgp is visit www.gnupg.org.
(public pgp key: ftp.schottelius.org/pub/familiy/nico/pgp-key)

--FFoLq8A0u+X9iRU8

--FFoLq8A0u+X9iRU8--