[gpm]mixing [im]ps2 + imps2 -> raw -> X

Ben Low ben@titr.uow.edu.au
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 21:02:27 +1000 (EST)

Thanks Alessandro.

On Mon, 3 Jun 2002, Alessandro Rubini wrote:

> > What does raw repeat mode mean when using multiple mice?
>
> It means the exact packets are send through the fifo. It means
> that if different protocols are used the process readingt he fifo will
> not be able to decode them using a specific (and unique) protocol.
>
> I think this explains the behaviour you're facing.

That makes sense; and I presume in the case of mixing the same protocols,
having packets 'raw' interlaced from two different inputs messes things
up. As opposed to the translated mode which would interlace/merge things
correctly to present a "single" input to the client (?).

Thanks,

Ben

--
Ben Low
"Sometimes a scream is better than a thesis."