[gpm]Re: [eeprom@bol.com.br: Re: Links 2.0pre5: Mouse smooth]

Petr Baudis pasky@pasky.ji.cz
Sat, 8 Jun 2002 13:05:19 +0200

Dear diary, on Sat, Jun 08, 2002 at 01:00:11PM CEST, I got a letter,
where Mikulas Patocka <mikulas@artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz> told me, that...
> > > I think it would be really much more easy to patch gpm to return smooth
> > > data than to mess with KD_GRAPHICS, catch all signals, force the admin to
> > > use -R and reconfigure all software (and losing all mouse features that
> > > gpm doesn't understand).
> >
> > I'll probably talk with Nico about exposing paralel better designed (not
> > struct-based thus hopefully much better extensible) API soon. A pity that your
> > mail on gpm mailing list didn't get much interest yet, however that list tends
> > to be rather lazy and it frequently takes more than few days to others to
> > reply..
>
> I read gpm source and I expect that it will be 15-lines patch on gpm, no
> need to make new API. I will try it now, as soon as I compile and install
> new gpm.

If you will change size of the structure, won't you break old programs i.e.
playing with the Gpm_Event relying on its sizeof?

--

				Petr "Pasky" Baudis

.
Object orientation is in the mind, not in the compiler. -- Alan Cox
.