[gpm]Touchpads

Charlie Shub cdash@cs.uccs.edu
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 20:05:12 -0700 (MST)

let me weigh in on this.  about 2 years ago, i had need to turn off
the TAP ON PAD ===>>>>> clicking a button

The fix was to take the touchpad into absolute mode and that way we
had access to the tap bits in the mouse packets.  Problem was that
when power went away (like for hibernation) the system would come back
with the pad in relative mode and tyap enabled again.  The fix for
this was to use a hook in the APM daemon to restart the modified GPM
hope this is of some use.