[gpm]increase mouse-speed in X without using xset?

Andreas Mohr andi@rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Mon, 20 May 2002 10:51:09 +0200

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 12:09:20AM +0200, Sascha Heid wrote:
> Hello all
>
> Im using gpm with a ps2-protocol mouse where the speed in X is much to
> low. The only way to increase the speed in X only that i know of is
> "xset m", but because i need an multiplier of 9 for good speed the
> mouse-movements are getting very jerky/jumpy.
>
> On another computer with an imps2-protocol mouse the difference in speed
> between console in X is so small that i even can use it without using
> xset and even if i would do an multiplier of 2 would suffice and
> movement wouldnt be noticeable jumpy.
>
> Does anybody know another way of configuring the mouse-speed?
XF86Config-4:
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "imps/2"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/gpmdata"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option      "Resolution" "500"
EndSection

That should effect mouse speed/resolution.

Yeah, I know. X11 sucks. No useful "on-the-fly" device parameter
reconfiguration...
Needless to say, this is very annoying.
(e.g. virtual screen size can't be reconfigured either)

Tel. +49 7159 800604                http://mohr.de.tt