[gpm] gpm-1.19.6 and linux-2.6.8.1

w.szukalski szukw000@students.uni-mainz.de
Tue Oct 19 10:06:26 CEST 2004

I have a SLACKWARE-10.0 distribution and use:
gpm-1.19.6, linux-2.6.8.1, fvwm-2.4.18, vim-6.3, PS/2-mouse SM-20 with
800 dpi

I usually have four XTERM open. In one XTERM I open a file using VIM.
The CURSOR  shivers
vertically, although I do not touch  the mouse. But sometimes the
following happens: the CURSOR
jumps, text is copied into the open file, the XTERM is maximized. When I
slightly knock at the mouse,
the CURSOR appears (mostly) at the righmost border of the monitor.

A kernel problem? A mouse problem? Can I configure any DEBUG options in
GPM to find (something) out?

winfried