[gpm] Linux console and GPM pointer

Paulo Neis neis@lactec.org.br
Fri Feb 25 14:48:13 CET 2005

Hi all,

I'm using GPM to support mouse in a Linux console app. I want GPM to
manage the moving of the mouse, and pass to my app the click events.
It's working fine this way, except for one thing: Every time my app
writes data to the console, the mouse pointer goes off (disappears), and
come back only if I move the mouse again. I think this is the behavior
of the Linux console, and I can't find a solution.
This is really a problem to me, because my program is a data acquisition
software, and constantly writes data in the screen, so when someone
tries to point the mouse at something, the cursor almost immediately
disappears.

Any help?