EDO SODIMM

Oleg Gusev oleg@usm.uni-muenchen.de
Thu Apr 1 16:14:00 CEST 2004

>What kind of adapter do you have in mind?  It would be
>great if we can get something worked out.

I thought about taking something like that:
64MB 3 3v EDO 144-pin SODIMM Unbuf 60ns
8-chp (4x16) 2-bank  -> $32

It has 8 4x16 EDO chips. I don't know if they exist, but
the 32MB 72-pin SODIMM with 4 chips is even
better, because it is electrically equivalent to the
HP 16 (+16) module. You only need to connect
the SODIMM pins to the pins on the motherboard.
An elegant approach will be to do it without breaking
holes in plastic and removing the available Molex
motherboard connector, but i an not sure if it is
possible.

 Oleg.