EDO SODIMM

Oleg Gusev oleg@usm.uni-muenchen.de
Thu Apr 1 19:02:11 CEST 2004

>It's probably simple PROMs, but HP engineers probably had flash modules
>that could be plugged into the same socket, during the latter stages
>of development.

Well, it sounds very reasonable, but why is the monstrous pin count
of the chips ? All mask PROMs i have found have much less (and
flash too).

>Q: could the socket be somehow compatible with 720 sockets???

It's also Molex, also slimstack, but much smaller, because 720 itself
is smaller.

>The 720 people seem to be able to replace their ROM with Flash, aren't they?

This was a completely new board, which also has 64 or 128MB SDRAM,
if i am not mistaken. The only thing we can "in principle" reuse are
the flash chips.

 Oleg.