j820, the saga

Francois-Rene Rideau fare@tunes.org
Thu Apr 1 18:03:01 CEST 2004

On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 05:31:21PM +0200, Oleg Gusev wrote:
> Use DACDR1 and DACDR2 directly.
Can you give a HOWTO?

> There is a sane inferface in 2.6
Why not hack 2.6 now?

Oh, and I propose that we don't put all the kernel in CVS anymore,
but only the files we add or modify.

>>* tmpfs doesn't seem to work :(
> Why ? It works for me, but i don't have much RAM to spare.
I have no idea why. Maybe because I didn't get rid of the initrd yet?
Or maybe I did something wrong along the way.
Does
	mount -t tmpfs mem /mem
work for you?
Do you use the CVS kernel?
Are you rid of initrd when you try?

>> an emacs+clisp editing+coding machine. Sigh.
> You don't mind missing cursor ? :)
I sure mind it. Do you have a way to have it reappear?
Otherwise, I'll play with (x)emacs color settings to see if
I can emulate it in userland.

drug, n:
	A substance that, injected into a rat, produces a scientific paper.