F1267A RAM expansion card or dead j820.

Francois-Rene Rideau fare@tunes.org
Tue Feb 3 11:15:22 CET 2004

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 09:56:30AM +0100, Oleg Gusev wrote:
> Well, removing surface mounted chips and putting them back is easy.
> People do really weird things with much more expensive hardware.
Not with mine, unless they give me a money back guarantee
that they make the hack work and at least don't break anything.

> You can't solve this problem in software.
That's for sure.

> Don't forget that we also need to replace the ROM with flash.
Well, adding RAM is a much more important hack than replacing ROM.
After all, if we have a good CF, we don't need Flash --
and if we can save enough RAM to let live a minimal WinCE image,
it can autoboot Linux on startup.

>> But I know a guy who has a broken 820. I'll see that he send it to you.
> I will pay for the delivery.
OK. Taking that in private...

(Meta)Ignorance is not being able to distinguish hype from information.