F1267A RAM expansion card or dead j820.

Oleg Gusev oleg@usm.uni-muenchen.de
Tue Feb 3 09:56:30 CET 2004

> I don't have a F1267A.
> If I had one, I wouldn't either part from it or tear it apart.

Well, removing surface mounted chips and putting them back is easy.
People do really weird things with much more expensive hardware.
Here you don't need the
help of a vacuum cleaner :) IMHO, there is no other way. You can't
solve this problem in software.
Don't forget that we also need to replace the ROM with flash.

I have found the memory extension module for jornada680. It has 16MB
but also the place for 16MB more, and contrary to j820
(which has 40x2 pin socket) uses smaller 50x2 pin socket.
I can post the pictures if somebody is interested.
The good thing about
it is that the extra 10x2 pins are not used!  A qualified guess will
be that the bus design is reused, since j820 was the first
computer in the jornada product line.

Does anybody know what socket is used on j820
and who manufactures it ?
Looking into my catalogues does not help.
We will need this information to make  RAM/flash extension
boards.

> But I know a guy who has a broken 820. I'll see that he send it to you.

I will pay for the delivery.

 Oleg.