Managing a standard userland image

Alessandro Rubini rubini@ar.linux.it
Tue Feb 3 11:47:36 CET 2004

> To test it, you could try NFS-mounting it and then using chroot...

It should be possible to avoid the chroot and just mounting NFS-root.
If the network card is on pcmcia, pivot_root works fine after running
cardmgr. I can get back what I've done with the Assabet a while ago
if there's interest.

> Thad said, I'm not sure there's forward binary compatibility
> between SA and PXA. At least, compilation settings are different.

Kernels are not compatible, but userland is. I'm using the same filesystem
with both devices. [Well, there might be PXA stuff that doesn't work with
SA, but not in standard setups]

/alessandro