Thu Feb 12 14:16:32 CET 2004
On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 08:45:01AM +0100, Stanley Kardach wrote:
> Mayby it's a lame question but i will say it ^_-.Is it possible to format CF
> card to ext2 fs without having pc card reader/writer?
1) backup anything you want to keep.
2) get ARM binaries for fdisk, mke2fs, mkdosfs
3) put these binaries on the initial ramdisk for linux
(or NFS, if you have a network card seen by linux)
4) boot linux
5) use fdisk to make the proper partitions.
Leave a fat16 partition so as to be able to boot linux.
6) format your fat16 partition with mkdosfs, your ext2 partition with mke2fs
[ François-René ÐVB Rideau | Reflection&Cybernethics | http://fare.tunes.org ]
[ TUNES project for a Free Reflective Computing System | http://tunes.org ]
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying
to produce bigger and better idiots.
So far, the Universe is winning.
-- Rich Cook
More information about the Jornada820