Jornada820 Digest, Vol 4, Issue 11

Francois-Rene Rideau fare@tunes.org
Sun Feb 15 04:23:19 CET 2004

On Sat, Feb 14, 2004 at 09:51:52PM -0500, G Almasi wrote:
> I'm not sure about your comments on CVS use.
Well, if we have no CVS access on any major site,
I propose we use monotone instead. It has the advantage of working
without a central repository: you can continue using it while being
disconnected (example: when on the move with your j820 :-) )
And merge the differences you accumulated when you connect
to another person's repository.

> I would like to copy
> the main kernel from handhelds.org into our repository, and then keep
> it synced with that kernel. I have had a lot of success *exporting*
> an existing CVS repository and *reimporting* it into my own.
> This way you get the same effect as if you were working on a CVS branch.
Yes. You can also export from CVS and then import into monotone,
or whichever system we are using.

> But I don't really know how OE does things.
Neither do I, but they seem to have a nice system to create nicely
trimmed basic installations with all (most) the basic tools.
Nicer than debian if you don't have a large microdrive, I suppose.
(That said, I now DO have a 2GB microdrive - a change from my 32MB CF).

> I guess we can also try multiple things and see what works best!
Certainly! Moreover, I'm sure "the best" depends on what we're intending
to do with how much CF.

A student who changes the course of history is probably taking an exam.