TODO list.

Francois-Rene Rideau fare@tunes.org
Fri Feb 20 16:36:49 CET 2004

On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 04:00:36PM +0100, Oleg Gusev wrote:
>   dpkg makes only OOM even with +16MB swap,
>   but work.
I added 256MB of swap. It's dog slow, but it works.

>   what should be put on the 'minimal ramdisk' ?
>   cardmgr,cardctl, /etc/pcmcia, what else ?
A busybox with everything enabled (including
swapon, vi, chroot, ifconfig, route, telnet, etc.).
Maybe fdisk, mkfs and fsck for those who don't have a USB CF reader.
I would personally add zsh and screen if there were space.
Maybe telnetd (but not running by default)?

PS: don't forget NFS client and VFAT support in the kernel.
Maybe nfs server and reiserfs as modules to be distributed
as a separate tarball (not minimal ramdisk).

PPS: I'm currently making a "not so minimal" debian image,
that I hope to fit in say 210MB of CF.
If you have suggestions for packages to include, pray tell.

You only have power over people as long as you don't take everything away
from them. But when you've robbed a man of everything he's no longer in
your power -- he's free again. -- Alexander Solzhenitsyn