ramdisk

Francois-Rene Rideau fare@tunes.org
Tue Feb 24 11:08:59 CET 2004

On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 07:18:07PM -0800, David Jones wrote:
> So far no luck.  It works up to a point.  The
> pivot_root gives a device busy error.  Then is hangs
> since it can't see the ramdisk any more.  There must
> be a process holding the ramdisk in use.
Best way to be sure no one is: be the only process left.
Maybe busybox knows about runlevels, so you could have
a "runlevel" of it kill everything before to start the pivot_root procedure.
Otherwise, kill things manually.
Follow all the steps in initrd.txt.
PS: could cardmgr without -o or another daemon be the culprit?
Note that maybe you can pivot_root first, and then kill afterwards?
I mean, I suppose you only really need kill old processes before you umount,
and not before you pivot_root.
Can you test things manually?

"'Need' now means wanting someone else's money. 'Greed' means wanting to keep
 your own. 'Compassion' is when a politician arranges the transfer."
	-- Joseph Sobran