Userland for Linux on HP Jornada 820

Francois-Rene Rideau fare@tunes.org
Wed Jan 28 14:54:27 CET 2004

Dear all,

now that there is a running kernel (though with few bells and whistle),
it is time to start thinking about a userland environment.
We're looking for a distribution that
* is oriented toward full keyboard&mouse rather than stylus&optional keyboard.
* is optimized for 640x480 display, few colors
* can run in 16MB of RAM
* fits say a 128 or 256MB of CF while leaving space for the user

So, what is there?

	http://intimate.handhelds.org
	http://familiar.handhelds.org
	http://www.denx.de/ELDK/
	http://OpenEmbedded.sf.net
	http://www.OpenZaurus.org
	http://www.Cacko.biz
	http://www.debian.org

Do you have experience with them? Does any fit the bill?
Which can be best tailored to our needs?

PS: once again thanks a lot to George Almasi. Maybe he'll have time to
upload his new patch & al., or maybe I'll have time

As long as software is not free, we'll have hardware compatibility,
hence bad, expensive, hardware that has decades-long obsolete design.
		-- Faré