[jornada] Jornada 820 binaries uploaded to FaRe's site.

Francois-Rene Rideau fare@tunes.org
Thu Jan 29 02:40:01 CET 2004

On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 08:17:28PM -0500, G Almasi wrote:
> Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 20:17:28 -0500
> From: G Almasi <galmasi@optonline.net>
> Subject: [jornada] Jornada 820 binaries uploaded to FaRe's site.

Yay! Thank you so much. But I will feel safer when the patch is here too :)
I had to chmod my way and change the umask of the ftpd (killing the old one)
so that your files would be world-readable by other ftp users...

> As always, thanks to FaRe for gracefully offering the use of his
> bandwidth and disk space!
Thank you for gracefully offering the use of your skills and head space!

> I tried to post the patch (source code) right here last Saturday,
> but the message is still awaiting
> moderation because the patch is a bit on the longish side.
Don't post here. Just upload to my site and post the path here.

> Can ayobody tell me what the process of patch acceptance into the
> kernel mainline is?
I can't really tell, but the main hub for this kind of information is
	http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/

They want something that's clean enough to not mess with their own stuff;
and stable enough because they don't have time to integrate minor releases
for all the zillions of ARM boards out there.
And they mightn't care much for integrating stuff into 2.4,
since active development is now mainly on the 2.6 tree.
Now, that's my understanding and things might be different;
in doubt, ask them. If you're deep into kernel hacking,
subscribing to their mailing-list can be good, anyway.

Cheers!

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship.
Imagination without skill is contemporary art. -- Tom Stoppard