Userland for Linux on HP Jornada 820

Francois-Rene Rideau fare@tunes.org
Thu Jan 29 01:30:52 CET 2004

On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 04:19:04PM -0800, David Jones wrote:
> Tonight or tomorrow I'll do some tests on my Zaurus.  It's set
> up to have 32 meg storage and 32 meg program space.
Well, make it 48 meg storage and 16 meg program space,
or fill 16 meg of program space with junk, and it will be more realistic,
unless you are a lucky bastard with a 32MB 820 (if you are, I'm jealous).

> should be able to get some ideas of what we can expect
> with it's applications.

> Any idea what apps I should test for?
Opie + konqueror + a big html file:
say, a two-day-old slashdot discussion.
If you can disable things like handwriting recognition,
it's all the better.
Or Emacs in a console, with clisp as an inferior lisp,
and w3mimg in another console (bonus: a pdf viewer in a third one).

> Also if anyone is interested, I can get
> some screen shots out of the Zaurus using VNC.
Yes, if you mean Zaurus with reduced RAM.

"To alcohol! The cause of... and solution to all of life's problems!"
	-- Homer Simpson, quoted by H. Duray about Addiction to Government