v2.6 kernel work

Francois-Rene Rideau fare@tunes.org
Sat Jul 3 21:21:37 CEST 2004

On Sat, Jul 03, 2004 at 11:51:14AM -0700, David Jones wrote:
> I've been amazed at all the development here lately.
> It's happening so quickly that I've only been able to
> play catch up.
When you go into a wall, it's better not to go too fast, you know.

> I have a problem with compiling the 2.6 kernel though.
>  I am currently getting an error when it compiles
> sa1101.c  It can't find irq.h  Is there something
> wrong or missing in the cvs?  I did a fresh update
> before the last attempt.
If that's include/asm-arm/arch-sa1100/irq.h, then it's obsolete,
and you must be using an old version of something.
If some file of yours has local modifications, it may have kept a reference
to this old file -- check with cvs -z9 diff -u.

Don't forget to
	cvs -z9 update -dfP
	cd linux/upstream/kernel26 && cvs -z9 update -dfP
because in the crazy hope that some bug was fixed,
I based the latest CVS kernel upon the latest upstream updates.

PS: I'm really stuck with sa1101. I just don't get any interrupt.
Is there a way to query the SA1101 about its status?
To check that it is responding at all?
Something somewhere is very wrong.

Some people will argue that since there's no evidence either way whether
the smurf fboinks or not, it's ok to firmly believe that indeed it does.
Such people are insane, often as the result of a life-long indoctrination.
		-- Faré