installing package

Francois-Rene Rideau fare@tunes.org
Thu Jul 8 15:18:58 CEST 2004

On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 01:05:58PM +0200, Oleg Gusev wrote:
>> Sorry. Well, I tried to keep up with the upstream kernel,
>> including the sa1111 rehash by the linux-arm-kernel people.
> It was not meant negatively. I am actually really impressed
> by your achievements.
I would be more impressed if it actually worked.
Well, the mouse kind of works, though it generates
"spurious sa1101 interrupts".

> I make something with the code when i _feel_ i have some 5-10
> free minutes :)
Let me hypnotize you into feeling that, then :-)

> I have changed it to SUSPEND. This is the right way, IMHO, and
> there is supporting code. I have replaced F11 by SYSRQ, and it
> is should be possible to powerdown the machine by SYSRQ o.
OK, then.

> What for do you need F12 ??
I'm a virtual console addict. But I can live with 2 less of them,
if that brings *real* functionality.

> BTW, why do we map RIGHTALT, RIGHTCTRL, and RIGHTMETA
> while they are actually on the left ?
Well, RightAlt is the AltGr on the right, as should be.
as for the other ones, maybe I'm dylsexic.

> I am also not sure about KPDOT (Lose key) and GRAVE.
I'm quite sure for grave. As for KPDOT,
I thought it was better to not use the extended keyboard keys,
when we already had things in the normal numeric keypad, but indeed
you may replace it with a KP_DELETE or whatever.

> For me it is a major usability issue, together with having
> PGUP, PGDN, HOME and END handled by loadkeys.
I'm not sure what you mean.

> While we are at it, what console font should be used
> to support all the signs found on the keyboard
> (like ^2, ^3, and other weird glyphs that i can't even type here) ?
Uh? Well, aren't they supported? Well, I suppose you could use loadfont
to load something with a isolatin1 encoding, or a windows cpXXX encoding.
But if you use anything beside latin1, you'll have a lot of problems with
the horror that is locale.

> Not right now. We should get the parent sa1101 driver
> infrastructure first: merge SA-1101.h into hardware/sa1101.h, etc.
> Again, IMHO, you have put it as sa1100* device into Makefile,
> while it is not exactly correct. sa1101 has most of the controls
> and (should) handle interrupts, so it is a separate device.
> The current sa11xx PCMCIA code was written for the devices
> like HPAQ, and is very weird with its polling driver for handling
> interrupts.
You know best. So maybe have
obj-$(CONFIG_SA1101) += sa1101_cs.o
and
sa1101_cs-y += ...
sa1101_cs-$(CONFIG_SA1100_JORNADA820) += ...

In any case, I'm out of the sa1101 pcmcia business until and unless
you hit me with a clue stick as to what I should be doing.

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship.
Imagination without skill is contemporary art. -- Tom Stoppard