Driver model for sa1101

Francois-Rene Rideau fare@tunes.org
Sat Jul 10 22:14:17 CEST 2004

On Sat, Jul 10, 2004 at 09:48:31PM +0200, Oleg Gusev wrote:
>  I have rebuilt the whole tree, and can;t boot the
>  2.4 system with CF. There are no modules in
>  /lib/modules -> no ide_cs -> no CF...

Two solutions:
(1) Compile things into the kernel instead of as modules,
 as is done by default.
(2) Add functions in /etc/functions (or your /etc/functions.local)
 so as to extract files from modules.tar.bz2 and insmod what you like.
(2bis) In addition to that, add autodetection functionality to /etc/functions
 so as to query /proc, detect what is missing, and insmod it.

The meta-Turing test counts a thing as intelligent if it seeks to apply
Turing tests to objects of its own creation.
		-- Lew Mammel, Jr.