Some question

BoyWhoFoundHimself kardaszon@poczta.onet.pl
Sat Jul 17 09:52:25 CEST 2004

>actually even my xemacs install isn't satisfactory
>(xemacs fails to find its installation -- I'll have to strace it
>when I get the time to mount strace from NFS...)
I use emacs21-nox from packages.debian.org. it is only ~5Mb after install
and runs perfectly

>> it can't find /dev/tty0 (i use vc/1 and vc/2 for consoles).
>Use ln -s from a script in /etc/init.d to create proper links.
>Alternatively, install and configure devfsd.
well devfsd runs, but i have only /dev/tty and then serials /dev/ttyS0
/dev/ttyS1
mayby linking /dev/tty0 to /dev/tty would help?

>PS: if anyone can recommend a good distribution that fits 32MB,
>and/or knows how to properly install a tight xemacs, I'm interested.
>Maybe I should try to setup something using OE?
Open embeded could be a good idea. I have Siemens simpad SL4 and image with
basic tools and Opie is 16Mb big.

    Stanley Kardach