latest attempts

Francois-Rene Rideau fare@tunes.org
Sat Jul 31 16:02:37 CEST 2004

No, I haven't touched the code. No time for that.
I've just tried out what was available.

The USB code in current 2.4 (old patch by Matan)
seems to not crash the kernel, but it cannot see as usb-storage
my newfangled MP3 player that is otherwise seen by a 2.4.21 i386 kernel.
Darn.

The PCMCIA code in current 2.6 doesn't work, but doesn't crash
the kernel anymore (at least, not immediately).

I sent my CF disk for exchange once again, and will have it in september.

Could not meet Oleg in Paris. Synchronization problems.

Spent lovely family vacations nonetheless. Cheers!

Every major horror of history was committed in the name
of an altruistic motive. -- Ayn Rand