latest attempts

Matan Ziv-Av matan@svgalib.org
Sat Jul 31 21:23:35 CEST 2004

> > I have my own script to generate ramdisk,
> Do you have any interesting feature we could leverage in "official" j820?

I have a filesystem loop mounted on /mnt/arm/2, and the following
scripts makes a new filesystem (dd if=/dev/zero and mke2fs), copies the
files, and gzips the new filesystem. This is done mainly to make sure
all unused blocked in the filesystem are zeros, so as to have minimum
gzipped size.

#!/bin/sh
IMAGE=/home/matan/arm/images/1
umount /mnt/arm/1
dd if=/dev/zero of=$IMAGE bs=1048576 count=4
mke2fs -F -m 0 $IMAGE
mount /mnt/arm/1
cp -a /mnt/arm/2/* /mnt/arm/1
umount /mnt/arm/1
chown matan.users $IMAGE
gzip -c -9 $IMAGE > /usr/src/arm/jornada820/b2/ramdisk/ramdiskimage.gz
chown matan.users /usr/src/arm/jornada820/b2/ramdisk/ramdiskimage.gz

--
Matan Ziv-Av.                         matan@svgalib.org